I’m absolutely obsessed with Schmidt’s Deodorant. It’s the only natural deodorant that I have found that gets the job done. Please please please do NOT buy Tom’s of Maine – a coworker of mine was using it until a client told her she smelled terrible (she really did) and I turned her onto Schmidt’s. I can usually still smell it the next day. It takes about 2 weeks for your body to get used to going aluminum free, but trust me it is worth it. To get over the hump, I carried a travel stick with me and reapplied throughout the day. Also, be careful to not over apply because that can cause irritation. I very much prefer the Sensitive Skin formula, but several of my friends swear by the Signature formula. Each formula comes in a few different scents and this is how they stack up IMO.
1. Rose and Vanilla – My absolute favorite scent – I only wish that they made it in the sensitive skin formula. Smells like a bouquet of fresh roses with a hint of sweet vanilla.
2. Lavender and Sage – I once read that the combination of Lavender and Pumpkin Spice is randomly very attractive to men. Well, you can get at least half of that scent combo down with this deodorant.
3. Bergamot and Lime – Very fresh smelling. The lime comes through more than the bergamot. Bright and citrusy.
4. Charcoal and Magnesium – According to the Schmidt’s website this is their best seller, but I think that is due to the Activated Charcoal more than it is the fragrance. Scent reminiscent of freshly fallen rain.
5. Ylang Ylang and Calendula – Sweet with floral notes.
6. Cedarwood and Juniper – Is warm and woody. The most masculine of the scents.
Sensitive Skin Formula:
1. Jasmine Tea – I don’t really know how to describe this scent (the company website says “rapturous notes of jasmine, with delicate and sophisticated undertones of green tea”) – all I know is that I love it. I’m literally wearing it right now.
2. Geranium Flower – Floral scents can be divisive, but I personally love geraniums.
3. Coconut Pineapple – Feels like you are on an island getaway sipping a piña colada.
4. Lavender Tips – Smells exactly like calming lavender – very clean and floral.
5. Tea Tree – Smells like Tea Tree, which if you are into that is fine I guess.
6. Fragrance Free – Available in both the Regular and Sensitive Skin formulas, I think it pretty much goes without saying that this is most underwhelming scent.