I get my hair cut maybe once or twice a year, so it is very important for me to take care of it. I also am very lazy when it comes to my hair, but these are 7 things that I use to prevent damage and leave my hair silky with little to no effort.
1. Invisibobble – I stumbled upon these accidentally when they came as a gift with purchase from Sephora. I have to wear my hair back for work, so these have been a god send. I can jump around a full 60 minute barre burn class without my ponytail coming loose. They also come in a bunch of fun colors and look super cute on your wrist (bonus: they don’t cut off your circulation like most other hair ties). They don’t rip out your hair as much as traditional elastics. I will say I still do get a kink in my hair, but less than I normally do.
2. Wet Brush – My hair has been impossible to detangle for as long as I can remember. Getting my hair brushed out at the salon is borderline torture, but now I actually bring my own wet brush and manage to leave the salon chair without crying. I don’t know how this thing does what it does, but it’s a miracle.
3. Pantene Deep Conditioner – This is by far the best hair treatment I have ever used. It leaves my hair incredibly soft and moisturized without weighing it down. It detangles like a dream and the smell is insanely yummy. Whenever someone hugs me even hours after using this, they always comment on how good my hair smells. However, it is annoyingly hard to find, so Pantene – if you are reading this, please make more!
4. Hair Towels – Please stop wrapping your hair into a turban with a regular bath towel. These cause way less damage, help hair dry faster, and don’t hurt your neck with all of the extra weight.
5. Dry Shampoo – I have a million different dry shampoos, but Batiste is my go-to. It is really affordable and freshens up the hair quite nicely. They have a million different scents, but Cherry is the one I usually get. I am blonde and have heard that the regular formula can leave a white cast for brunettes, but luckily they make versions for brown and black hair.
6. Conair Wand – I have stick-straight hair even without blow drying. My hair can usually keep a curl for about 15 minutes before falling flat again, but not with this wand. I can curl my whole head in about 5 minutes and it lasts for 3+ days (thank you dry shampoo). It also causes way less damage than any other curling iron I have used.